The Masters of Arts in Eurasian, Russian, and East European Studies (MAERES) curriculum is designed to take 4 semesters to complete.
If you have specific questions, please reach out to our Director of Academic Programs, Lisa Gordinier: email@example.com.
- 36 credit hours of course work, including two core courses (Introduction to Area Studies and the Capstone Seminar) and two advanced language courses; and
- a presentation of the student’s research before CERES faculty and students prior to graduation.
The CERES MA provides a solid grounding in the languages and cultures of the region and interdisciplinary depth in the social sciences. Students in the program will achieve:
- knowledge of the region from broad disciplinary perspectives and using a variety of methodologies;
- the ability to integrate theoretical with practical knowledge of regional affairs;
- a thematically focused-curriculum that develops expertise;
- proficiency in at least one regional language;
- original research utilizing the student’s language of proficiency; and
- effective oral presentation and critical writing skills.