The CERES MA provides a solid grounding in the languages and cultures of the region and interdisciplinary depth in the social sciences. Students in the program will achieve:
- knowledge of the region from broad disciplinary perspectives and using a variety of methodologies;
- the ability to integrate theoretical with practical knowledge of regional affairs;
- a thematically focused-curriculum that develops expertise;
- proficiency in at least one regional language;
- original research utilizing the student's language of proficiency;
- effective oral presentation and critical writing skills.